4 Nights / 5 Days
2 Nights Kandy - 2 Night Colombo
- 2 Nights in Kandy with Breakfast
- 2 Nights in Colombo with Breakfast
- Stay in 3 Star Property
- Private Transfer From Bandaranaike International Airport - Kandy Hotel
- Priavte Transfer From Kandy to Colombo
- Private Transfer From Colombo Hotel to Bandaranaike International Airport
- Visit Pinnawala Elephant Orphange & Kandy Temple
- Half Day Colombo City Tour on SIC
- All The Transfer, Excursion And Sightseeing As Included In The Itinerary
Day 1 - Arrival in Bandaranaike International Airport
Private transfer from Airport to Kandy Hotel, upon your arrival in Kandy head towards your hotel to freshen up. You have rest of day at leisure.
Day 2 - Kandy
Pinnawala Elephant Orphange & Kandy Temple
After Breakfast Head to the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage is situated northwest of the town of Kegalle, halfway between the present capital Colombo and the ancient royal residence Kandy. It was established in 1975 by the Sri Lanka Wildlife Department in a 25 acre coconut property adjoining the Maha Oya River. The orphanage was originally founded in order to afford care and protection to the many orphaned Elephants found in the jungles of Sri Lanka. In 1978 the orphanage was taken over by the National Zoological Gardens from the Department of Wildlife. A captive breeding program was launched in 1982. Since the inception of the program over 20 elephants have been bred here. The aim of the orphanage is to simulate a natural habitat to these elephants. However, there are some exceptions: the elephants are taken to the river twice a day for a bath, and all the babies less than three years of age are still bottle fed by the mahouts and volunteers. Each animal is also given around 76 kg of green matter a day and around 2 kg from a food bag containing rice bran and maize. The orphanage which boasts to have the largest herd of captive elephants in the world is very popular and visited daily by many Sri Lankan and foreign tourists. The main attraction is clearly to observe the elephants bathing which is quite a spectacle.
A World Heritage Site, Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic plays home to one of Buddhism's most important relics, the tooth of the Buddha himself. Originally constructed in 1595, the temple played a key role in the nation's history, as local tradition held that the right to rule to country lay with the one who possessed the Buddha relic. You can enter the main hall of the temple and admire its vaulted ceilings and columned hallways adorned with golden statues of elephants, likenesses of the Buddha, and scenes from his life. Though you can't actually see the tooth itself, you'll get a chance to observe the gold casket that encloses it. Afterwards, you can wander the rest of the temple complex and discover its array of shrines, halls, and displays.
Day 3 - Colombo
Half Day Colombo City Tour:
After Breakfast Check Out From the Hotel in Kandy and Private Transfer to Colombo. Experience the colors and cultures of Sri Lanka on a half-day city tour of Colombo by private vehicle, and discover a patchwork of markets, gardens, and buildings, both humble and grand, such as Colombo Fort, the Dutch Wolvendaal Church, and more.
Day 4 - Colombo
Day is free for leisure & shopping. Overnight stay in Colombo.
Day 5 - Departure
After breakfast time to check out. Transfer to airport to catch your return flight with lots of memories to cherish for the lifetime.
- Airfare & Taxes
- Visa & Insurances charges
- Any up gradation in hotel room category
- Any meals other than specified above
- Any sightseeing other than mentioned above
- Fees for video or camera permit
- Any item of personal nature like tips, laundry, telephone calls etc.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Non-Availability Of The Quoted Hotel Rooms In The Same Price Will Lead To Increase In Holiday Price
- The Above Price Is Based On Minimum 2 Adults Travelling Together
- The Rate Of Exchange (R.O.E) Will Be The Prevailing Rate On The Day/Date Of Booking
- Rates Are Subject To Change Without Prior Notice
- The Above Price Is Not Valid For Travel During Trade Fair Period And Special Events
- Should The Period Of Travel, Or The Number Of Participants, Or The Type Of Accommodation, Or The Type Of Transport Or The Duration Of The Trip, Change The Quote Will Be Revised Accordingly
- Request For Early Check-In Or Late Check-Out Is To The Discretion Of The Hotel Unless Pre-Booked And Pre-Paid In Advance. International Hotel Check In Is 1400hrs And Checkout Would Be 1000hrs
- There Is No Refund For Any Non-Utilisation Of Any Services
- GST Is Applicable On The Above Cost
- At This Point Of Time No Services Are Confirmed And The Same Is Subject To Availability. Kindly Note That The Drivers Are Not Guides
- Cancellation Charges Applicable As Per Company Policy
- Passport Copies Of All The Passengers Are Must To Initiate The Booking
- We Will Not Be Liable For Claims Or Expenses Arising From Circumstances Beyond Our Control Such As Accidents, Injuries Delayed Or Cancelled Flights & Acts Or Forces Of Nature
- Porterage At Hotels, Apartment, Airports And Seaports, Tips, Laundry, Wines, Mineral Water, Telephone Charges, All Items Of Personal Nature And Also Food And Drinks Not Forming Part Of The Touring Menu.